As someone who attended WITS'15 in Boston, I am excited for this event which has elements of personal and professional development, opportunities for collaboration, networking, and global sisterhood.
I've started to think about packing and what will make my time in Milwaukee the most productive it can be. Here's what's going into my carry-on.
I am not checking luggage. Whenever it's possible, I carry-on and this year, I am bringing my Kelty Redwing 2500 Backpack. She's been traveling with me since 2010. This front-loading pack holds everything I need and fits comfortably in the overhead bin or under the airline seat. The waist and chest straps even the weight and make carrying it easier on my shoulders and hips.
I'm also bringing my Samsonite Jordyn Laptop Tote, an attendee's gift from WITS'15.
I never travel anywhere without my packing cubes. These organizers are like individual dresser drawers for my clothes and they save me time and space. I also use a charger organizer to keep my charger cables tangle-free.
- My MacBook Pro. This travels everywhere with me. It allows me the flexibility to take notes and work on the road when I have down time before, after, or between sessions.
- My iPhone. I will be using this as my primary camera for tours and conference photos.
- A power strip. Outlets in hotel rooms and conference breakout rooms can be limited. By bringing a power strip, I can stay charged and help a friend.
- Earbuds for my flight and shared hotel rooms.
- My Jackery. This dual USB port charger was a game changer for me.
- Business cards for networking
- Ear plugs for shared hotel rooms
- A notebook and pens for quick notes
- A refillable water bottle and coffee mug
- Quest Bars and/or portioned bags of almonds for snacks
- A scarf and a sweater for chilly breakout rooms
- Rain gear: Because of this year's weather forecast, I am bringing my Eddie Bauer Insulated Trench. Thanks, Steph, for the recommendation. I have used this jacket since November and it keeps me warm and dry.
When it comes to clothes, I pack light and functional. I choose a neutral color palette and plan around that. I make sure to pack comfortable shoes for offsite tours and a dressier outfit for evening networking and socials.
Ready to win?
ENTER TO WIN...A WANDERFUL ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP GIVEAWAY
If you're a woman who loves to travel, Wanderful is for you. This community connects women around the world through meet-ups in over 22 cities, a thriving social media network, domestic and international travel, an influencer program, admission to special events around the world, a home sharing network, and discounts to the WITS conference.
I am such a fan of this community that I am giving away 10 memberships to Wanderful, a $119 value. All you have to do to enter to win is leave a comment below about one gadget you never travel without.
If you're not one of the 10 winners of this giveaway, you still can take advantage of a discounted membership with $15 off when you sign-up using the code LOVELYLIFE through May 1st. Click here for more information.
*This post contains affiliate links, through which purchases help to support this blog.