- Back to school means new starts...more chances to change your life for the better.
- Here in New England, the most glorious colors emerge on our trees, signaling the pilgrimage of "peepers" onto the Massachusetts Route 2 corridor and throughout much of the northeast.
- The weather is divine. The beginning of the month is still warm. And by the end of the month, it's time for long sleeves, tall boots and all things pumpkin.
What I'm reading...
- The Selection by Kiera Cass: My niece and I are reading the same book and FaceTiming a "book club" night. This book was described to me as Divergent meets The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor. So far, so good.
- How to Eat a Small Country: A Family's Pursuit of Happiness, One Meal at a Time by Amy Finley. This is a fun read about the winner of season three of The Next Food Network Star who left her budding stardom behind in order to reconnect with her husband and children through cooking and eating in rural France.
And my favorite blogs this month:
- A Beautiful Mess...If you're looking for DIY inspiration, check out sisters, Elsie and Emma's blog, A Beautiful Mess, for ideas, books, apps and e-courses.
- So Many Places...Join Kim and Brian, a couple who sold everything to create the life of their dreams and travel the world. Check out their how-to guides and inspiring stories that may help you make your own dreams a reality.
- The Heart of a Flower...Grace Courtney describes herself as "a Connecticut girl who loves to write, take pictures, immerse herself in the world around her." Visit her tiny nook in the world and see the world through her eyes.
What I'm watching
- Youtube videos on all things elementary ESL and literacy, from running records to The Daily 5 and The Cafe.
What I'm eating
- The laughter and banter of young children...love it!
- My play lists as I get back into a regular outdoor walking (and maybe jogging) routine.
Making my heart smile
- My kiddos. I was offered a new teaching position in a nearby district. I resigned my middle school English position to teach elementary ESL (English as a Second Language) and I was given kindergarten and second grade students. My heart is full.
My goals for LAST month
- Write my lesson plans for the first couple of weeks at school. DONE
- Unpack and set up my new classroom. DONE...well, more or less.
- Register for two more grad classes to get to Masters plus fifteen credits and a salary lane change. Not yet...still working on transitioning from middle school to early elementary.
- Publish consistently throughout September and beyond. Still working on an editorial calendar.
My goals for this month
- Buy a pretty new notebook and calendar.
- Finish up some posts on my summer in Spain.
- Get back on my regular training schedule.
Your turn...what is happening in your world these days?