- I finally caught up on grading papers...for the moment. An English teacher's job is never done....until, maybe, summer.
- I thought about the amazing teachers in my life and was blessed to receive some lovely letters from my own students as part of a school-wide Teacher Appreciation week. These touched my heart and are keepsakes I will treasure forever.
- My love and I had some great Sunday coffee dates.
- I attended my first Murga, a Uruguayan musical theatre performance popular during Carnival. My husband and I were lucky to get tickets to a national touring troupe's local performance.
- I was so lucky to celebrate the two mothers in my life, my own mom and my mother-in-law, as we took a road trip to Maine for Mother's Day.
- And reflect on the amazing legacy of women in my own family.
Four generations of women, with me as an infant.
- And then, we celebrated our anniversary.
- With planning a trip to Paris this fall, where we were engaged.
- I finally saw Frozen for the first time and, like many, still find myself humming its signature songs.
- I was able to reconnect with two friends from high school after 25 years and we talked like it was yesterday.
- Our local ice cream stands are open, and one night, we witnessed a miracle. A mama cow had just given birth and we were lucky to witness its first steps.
- And, while saddened to hear of the passing of the great Maya Angelou, I was inspired to take her wisdom to heart. And so were my students.
- And lastly, I finally finished my ESL practicum, allowing me to add this license to teach English as a Second Language. Fingers crossed that I can accept a position in my district for the next school year.
All in all, it was a great month. And there's so much to be excited about coming in June.
What "Life is Good" moments did you experience last month?