Looking to add some travel-inspired date nights to your cache of good ideas?
Pin this for future reference.
- Choose a different restaurant featuring cuisine from around the world.
- Watch a foreign film from a country you want to visit or a film featuring that location.
- Take a foreign language course from a local community college and download the free DuoLingo app to practice with a meal out at that country's restaurant. Try to speak only that language.
- Be a tourist in your own town; find out what your town is known for and enjoy that.
- Spend a weekend in your state or provincial capital city.
- Cook themed dinners; choose a different country each month. Listen to a Pandora channel from that style of music.
- Take a cooking class from a country you want to visit.
- Take a road trip. Drive out a reasonable distance and meander back on the state roads instead of the interstate. Stop at a cafe or local shop on the way home. Pick up a collectible.
- Take a photo walking tour and see an area through a different lens.
- Peruse the travel section of the bookstore; choose a new memoir to read or plan your next vacation.
BONUS: Use your travel collectibles and mementos to create decor for your home.
What's your best idea for a travel-inspired date? Inspire me.