As Advent calendars build excitement of what's to come, a reverse Advent calendar can bring similar excitement in knowing you made a difference in the lives of others.
Here are some ideas for your own reverse Advent calendar.
- one food item or more per day or one food category per week to donate
- one dollar or more per day
- one closet item purge per day for donation or one clothing donation per week, like socks or outerwear.
- one hour of service per week
- one toy per week
- one book per week to a school, cancer treatment center, nursing home, local library
- one care bag to local homeless outreach (socks, personal care items, toys, towels)
- one bag of pet food per week to a local shelter
- one pay-it-forward per week; for example, someone's coffee in the drive-through
- Determine a pre-set amount and pay toward or pay-off someone's holiday layaway.
Have you ever done a reverse Advent calendar or holiday service project? What was your experience?