Many of us have ideas of what our perfect life looks like, peppered with big dreams and what ifs.
In Day 3 of the Freedom Plan Blog Challenge, the Suitcase Entrepreneur, Natalie Sisson, charges us with the task of creating a vision of our perfect day.
This takes some thought, because the challenge restricts us from using generalizations and requires that we visualize this perfect day in the present tense.
The more specific the vision, coupled with a sincere belief in our ability to achieve it, the better chance we have of it becoming a reality. This eliminates improbable goals, encouraging more realistic, measurable SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-Boxed).
Here is my vision of an ideal day in my location independent life.
A day at home...
- I am awake by 7:00 a.m.. I make mental notes of my goals for the day and set my intention.
- Morning...Señor, coffee, Gracie, local news, breakfast.
- Gym and/or yoga.
- Focused work and task/daily goal completion.
- Lunch, followed by a short siesta/quiet time...am I becoming culturally Spanish?
- Walk outside, errands, exploration, play with Gracie
- Afternoon coffee date with the Señor
- Netflix or TV, Gracie time
A day on the road...
- My day is similar, except that the Señor and I are exploring. My focused work time depends on the time zone.
It's a work in progress. It's hard to visualize what you've never had, but if you don't know what it looks like, how do you know when you have achieved it?
The reality is, your needs and preferences may change over time; however, I believe in the power of vision...it really does work. I may not know what my ideal day looks like down to the minute, but I have an idea of what it looks like as a big picture.
It's a start.
Do you want to design life on your own terms and need guidance developing your own personal freedom plan. It's not too late to participate in this free Freedom Plan Blog Challenge? Sign up here.