I roasted a pork tenderloin and it came out great. I roasted sweet potato too, but I wanted a green veggie.
I love Brussels sprouts. I had a bag of frozen baby sprouts, but I didn't have the oven space to roast them. I could have steamed them and tossed them with a bit of lemon and salt, but my husband isn't a fan of that, so I needed to style them up.
And I did.
It couldn't have been easier. And they were a hit. Here's what I did.
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Onion, and Thyme
1 bag of frozen baby Brussels sprouts, cooked for about 5 minutes
1 medium onion, julienned
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 slices of pre-cooked bacon, julienned
2-3 stems of fresh thyme. I took the leaves off the stems.
1/2 lemon, juiced
1-2 tbs. butter
1 tbs. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by heating the olive oil in the saute pan.
- Add the bacon, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and thyme.
- Cook until everything starts to caramelize.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and add to the sauteed mixture.
- Add the butter and allow to melt and coat everything.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and toss.
That's it. They smell amazing and taste even better.
What's your favorite veggie side dish?