Sundays are cherished here. It's a day when we may sleep in, enjoy a cup of coffee in bed, and get some extra quiet time before another week throws us its best.
As a couple, we have established a tradition of our Sunday coffee date. (You can read more about that here.) It's precious time, and it's something we look forward to, as we explore coffee houses in the area and revisit some of our favorites...sometimes in our own kitchen.
Road trip...errands and coffee...LOVE!
When you spend your Sunday doing what you want, you set a tone for the upcoming week. You began it on your terms...you can conquer your work week on your terms.
If you're at a loss of what to do, or you know what you have to do, but would rather do other things, here are six ideas for making sure your Sunday is well spent.
1. Get some ZZZs. Allow yourself to sleep an extra half hour. For many, an extra half hour seems like a luxury. Likewise, try going to bed an extra half hour early. Not ready to sleep? Read that magazine that's been sitting on your table, or read a chapter in that book you never finished. Try to avoid reading from your phone or tablet though...experts say the light is not conducive to melatonin production, and can impact your sleep.
2. Move your mass. Now that Spring has sprung, hopefully, Mother Nature will be kind and send some warm temperatures our way.
If April showers are busy building May flowers and you're not up for outside time, consider what you can do inside. See what's available online for videos you can try. Yoga? Planks? There are great, quick workouts on Pinterest that you can try that are invigorating and get your week off to a great start.
3. The proof is in the planning. Sometimes, we make good decisions on the fly, but many of us do better when we plan better. Make a plan for your week. What will you eat? When will you move your mass? What is your to-do list that must get done that week? Make a schedule and keep to it.
4. Check it off your list. Clean your junk drawer. Put the winter clothes into storage. Clean your refrigerator. Organize your desk. Shred old bills. Clean out your wallet and purse. Check one thing off your to-do list. You'll feel better.
5. Veg out. There is no shame in pajama days full of movies, dvr'd shows you haven't had time to watch, reading, napping, and eventually, toast or cereal for dinner. Sunday is your day. If you want to rest, rest. No shame.
6. Reconnect. There's no need to complicate things. Connect with someone you're missing, or with someone you love. Life is too short for text messages.
How you spend your Sunday is up to you. Sometimes, commitments and scheduled events take your time, by chance or by choice. But, if you find that you have time on your hands, consider making Sunday your day and create a true Sunday fun day.
How do you like to spend your Sunday? Do you have any Sunday rituals? Inspire me.