It seems like ages since I have had the mojo to even consider blogging. I've been reading your blogs every day, but for some reason, my muse has gone MIA.
Nevertheless, here I am. Let's get something to drink, sit a bit and catch up.
- We had a great time on vacation in Spain. In addition to spending time with family and friends, my husband and I were blessed to travel to Bilbao and sample some of the best pintxos the Basque Country has to offer.
- On the way back to Galicia, we spent time in Asturias, visiting Gijon, Oviedo, and Cangas de Onis in the Picos de Europa. While there, we stuffed ourselves with fabada (an amazing bean stew), sidra (hard apple cider) and carbayónes (a must-have, super-sweet almond pastry).
- Pictures are coming. I'm still in the weeds, and haven't begun to dig out just yet. But I will. Soon.
- School has started again, and I am rejuvenated by the fabulous new class of middle schoolers I have this year. When I tell people I teach middle school, their first reaction is one of shock and well-intended sympathy. But I have to laugh, because, although not easy, my middle schoolers bless my life every day. They can make me laugh or cry, give me angst or hope. My life is fuller with them in it. I hope their parents appreciate the gifts they have been given, even when they're difficult.
- I'm continuing to work through some health issues, while others seem to be cropping up unexpectedly. Finally, there is an end in sight and the solution, albeit surgical, may be the answer. I trust my doctor and am certain I will fare well when all is said and done.
- Boston University has a Masters in Gastronomy...who knew?!? You can concentrate in food policy, wine studies or cheese studies. What fun!
- I am registered for a 5k next month. That's right...I'm back on the running wagon. New sneakers in hand, running coach in place...see you at the finish line!
- I've been reading some great blog posts on focus and I think that might be part of the reason for my missing mojo. Besote is a work in progress and it might be time to start honing in on my niche. Stay tuned.