Here are eight great date ideas for you and your love to ring in spring with a little romance and maybe try something new.
1. Plant some flowers together or plan for a garden. Spruce up your abode with a splash of color. No need for landscaping space...a whisky barrel on a porch, a colorful window box, or even a kitchen herb garden can do wonders. And besides, cleaning up after getting dirty in the yard can be a lot of fun.
2. Go for a walk. Daylight savings time provides a wonderful opportunity for a hand-in-hand after-dinner stroll.
3. Picnic...pick up a pizza or pack a couple of sandwiches. Head to a park or meet up after work and soak up the last rays of sun before settling in for the night.
4. Do I know you? Meet up for a drink after work and flirt with your love. Pretend you're meeting for the first time and capitalize on the passion.
5. Play tourist. Companies like Groupon and Living Social offer discounted trolley tours, museum passes and local experiences that allow you to play tourist in your own backyard.
6. Set a fitness goal and get physical. Train for a 5k or 10k. Go on a hike. Go bike riding. Train for a tri. Whatever you like to do, try it together and reap the health benefits along with the together time. It's a win-win.
7. Lighten up. Try an optimum nutrition night of your choosing. Want to try going Paleo? Meatless Monday? Clean eating? Choose and cook your menu together. If the weather allows, dine al fresco.
8. Do it bunny style. Take a cue from our Easter friends and get a little busier. Try something new. Increase the frequency. Mix it up a bit. Again, it's a win-win.