A creative's life ebbs and flows. There are times when you feel like you are on top of your game and your muse is close by, whispering in your ear. Then there are other times when you feel like you are wandering a creative desert, parched for a drop of inspiration to quench your soul and germinate life once again.
I have been wandering the desert these past few weeks, but I see an oasis in my future. My muse is nearby; perhaps lingering with another soul in need of inspiration.
In spite of my creative desert, there is much to celebrate. Here is what is trending ahora ...now, so to speak, in my world.
The Rosie Project. I am listening to this as an audio book and it is a gem. I find myself laughing out loud and furrowing my brow listening to Sheldon Cooper-esque Don Tilman navigate life and love through his Wife Project. I am about halfway through the book and I can't wait to see how this all ends.
Not talking about...
Politics. We all have friends and family like this, right?
I did vote on Super Tuesday though.
My beautiful niece is 15 today! It's her birthday, but we're the ones who are blessed.
This semester, I am teaching an ESL 2 advanced beginner class for adults in a local continuing education program. I have 25 kind, eager learners. It's a joy working with them and seeing them progress.
- Longer, sunnier, warmer spring days.
- My first pedicure of spring and a new pair of flip flops
- Daffodils and tulips
- Long outside walks with Gracie
- A spring or summer trip to Florida to visit my girl
- WITS'16. Last year, I was thrilled to attend the Women in Travel Summit in Boston. It was an inspirational, empowering weekend of all things women's travel, for the creative and the entrepreneur. This year, it will be held in Irvine, California on the weekend of March 18-20th. With a busy school schedule and the conference being held in a different time zone, I couldn't make it happen. Fingers crossed that I'm back for 2017.
- Doing homework. It doesn't stop.
- Loving my littles. My schedule has changed, so I am working with kindergarten students again, in addition to my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders. Sometimes, it's like herding cats, but I am guaranteed to smile and laugh out loud every day.
- Working out with my trainer. Some weeks are harder, but strength, bone health and overall wellness are not negotiable.
- Drinking my ShakeologyI; I'm a 365er.
Date nights with the Señor.
And this girl...
I am working on a project that will help me get to a pretty big goal. I can't divulge details yet, but please send me all the positive energy you can muster.
That's what's going on in my world these days.
How about you? What is happening ahora in your world?