May is such a great month for me. It means warmer temperatures, flowers in full bloom, celebrating the amazing women in my life, opening up the pool, a long weekend away, and celebrating our anniversary.
Here is what is on my radar this month.
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. This came recommended and I can't wait to dive in and enjoy it for myself.
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero. This book is a keeper and a must-read for anyone you care about in your life.
- Salads of all kinds, including this delicious Southwest style salad...recipe coming soon.
I added the avocado later. Fabulous!
- Iced coffee and iced tea. I've been making it at home and saving a bit of money. Winning!
- Chicago! I am so grateful to my new friend, Mona, and her husband, Michael, who are hosting me next weekend for my first trip to Chi-Town.
- PiYo. This pilates/yoga hybrid is exactly what I am looking for in terms of a program to add to my current strength training and cardio. I found myself an accountability group and I am ready to get started.
- New sandals. I love my flip flops, but it's time for some "grown-up" sandals, especially for when we're in Europe.
- New spring recipes to try.
- Blue hydrangeas
- A new summer dress
- Outdoor grilling
April Goals...How did I do?
- Getting in all of my water ounces every day. BETTER THAN BEFORE. Not done every day, but hitting it more often than not.
- Getting a free ticket to Beachbody Summit with my team in Nashville in July. DONE...I will be celebrating and kicking it up in Nashville this summer, courtesy of Beachbody.
- Finishing my graduate classes. DONE. I am now at a Masters, plus 15 credits.
- Planning our 3-day Patriots Day weekend getaway. My husband has the holiday off too, so we're hoping to get out of town. NOPE. We stayed in town and had a low key weekend.
May Goals and Celebrations
- Celebrate our anniversary.
- Help plan our Memorial Day getaway weekend.
- Help 3 people who want to commit to their own health goals.
- Find at least one person who would like to earn extra income while they work on their own health and wellness goals.
- Draft an editorial calendar for the summer.
- Plan my birthday weekend in June.
- Find a 5K to do in the fall.
That's about it.
What's happening ahora in your world these days?