March entered like a lion, for sure, but the lamb hasn't arrived quite yet.
I'm hopeful though.
Here's what's trending in my world these days.
- Wild Rose by Betsy Talbot. I first discovered Betsy and her husband Warren through their blog, Married with Luggage. Now, Betsy has published the first of the Late Bloomers Series about five 40-something women who choose adventure and travel when they hit crossroads in their lives.
- Building Literacy with Love. This book is for another graduate level class I am taking this semester. The authors include strategies for parents and teachers to create a culture of literacy in their home and classroom. The book is very user friendly and a good resource.
- Macarons. Earlier last winter, I registered for a class through a local continuing ed. program. The class, The Art of the French Macaron, was taught by a former food writer and editor turned chef. What fun! I may do a recap, but in the meantime, here is the finished result.
Not bad for a first time, right?
- PiYo. This pilates-yoga hybrid is on sale this month and I'm excited to add this Beachbody program to my repertoire. And if it all works out, I may get certified as an instructor. We'll see.
- WITS15. I was fortunate to attend and volunteer for the second annual Women in Travel Summit, held in Boston last weekend. Filled with seminars on everything from building your brand to staying safe while traveling, this summit, dedicated to all things travel, provided great information, great networking opportunities, and great swag. The speakers were inspirational and practical and it was wonderful to be surrounded by women who are true change makers in their community and in our world.
- The first pedicure of spring and a new pair of flip flops.
- New spring recipes to try.
- My first in-person yoga class.
- Outside walks.
- My niece and her team, who earned a paid bid to the Varsity All Star Cheerleading Summit. They work so hard. It's wonderful to see them achieve such success.
- Getting in all of my water ounces every day.
- Getting my own free ticket to Beachbody Summit with my team in Nashville in July.
- Finishing my grad class.
- Planning our 3-day Patriots Day weekend getaway. My husband has the holiday off too, so we're hoping to get out of town.
What's happening ahora in your world these days?