Almost always, we have eggs.
If you're looking for a quick, easy, balanced, go-to meal that you can eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner, then this is for you.
Serve it with whatever you have in the house...fruit, a salad, or toast or English muffin. It hits the spot every time.
This is what I used. Everyone has different tastes and you need to add what you like. There are so many variations in protein and veggies...make it yours.
1 medium onion, diced or julienned
2-4 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
Cooking spray or 1 teaspoon of olive oil
Any other veggies you have on hand. I have used a half pepper, shredded cabbage, and a handful of spinach. Sometimes, all three.
2-4 tablespoons of salsa.
1 slice of cheese or 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
2 eggs, beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute...your choice.
Salt and pepper to taste
2-4 tablespoons of salsa
1/2 avocado, scored in cubes
1. Preheat your skillet with olive oil. Add your onion (and pepper, if used) and saute until translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and salt and pepper. Saute for another 5 minutes.
2. Add salsa and any other veggies you want and cook until the veggies are tender.
3. Add the eggs. Place the cheese across the middle of the cooking eggs.
4. Start to fold the edges up and over as you might with an omelet.
6. Top with more salsa and scoop scored avocado onto the top. Salt and pepper to taste.
What is your go-to meal when you don't feel like cooking?