For those who celebrate, the December holidays amplify feelings of love for those in our lives who mean the most. While I am a firm believer in romance every day, there are some unique opportunities during the holidays to get extra creative.
Here are some ideas that will make for lovely, romantic, holiday date nights.
- Leave a love note in his lunch, with the invitation to join you on the naughty list.
- The full moon falls on the 6th of this month. Pack a thermos of hot cocoa, grab some cookies, drive to the top of the highest hill in town and gaze at the moon and stars. Reflect on the blessings this year has brought.
- Drive around your town looking at the holiday light displays.
- Decorate your tree together and then see #6.
- Create an ornament tradition. Make or shop for one ornament each year that represents a special time spent together or meaningful place.
- Christmas tree picnic for two. Crank up the heat, throw down a blanket and after a bite to eat and some romantic canoodling, doze under your beautiful tree.
- How about a romantic holiday movie? There are some classics out there, but pick your favorites. It's your tradition . . .make it about you.
- Organize a romantic Christmas card photo...there are scores of ideas on Pinterest.
- Channel your inner kid and go snow tubing or ice skating. Or go snowshoeing or go on a romantic sleigh ride at a local farm. Then head home, grab your warming beverage of choice and take a hot shower for two.
- Cook together . . .how about a romantic theme night? Tapas and sangria? Italian and cappuccinos? Saki and homemade sushi for two?
- Spa night . . .a massage is always a good idea.
- Feeling naughty? Channel your inner Ana and Christian. Look around your house for props.
- Bake or buy a cake for dessert in the flavor of your wedding cake, or his/her favorite flavor. Not a cake fan? Consider another tasty sweet treat. Or build a gingerbread house together.
- Make a play list of the songs that are special to your relationship. Maybe it's special songs from your wedding day, or songs that put you in the mood for love. Either way, it's a win-win.
- Find and wear something that makes you feel sexy. If you feel sexy, you will be sexy.
- Take in a holiday concert. Hold hands while you're there. Nuzzle and cuddle to the extent of your PDA comfort zone.
- Is there time for a weekend getaway? If not, can you book one and have something to look forward to once the holidays have long disappeared.
- Find and wear a Santa Hat and grab some mistletoe. That's it . . .
- How about donating your time for an afternoon with your favorite community organization? Do good; feel good.
- Plan ahead . . .what is one romantic thing you can do each month for 2015?
Which one is your favorite? What are some of your favorite holiday date night ideas?