I love seeing what others are up to every month and the items that cross their radar. Naturally, I thought it would be fun to do my own.
Ahora, meaning Now in Spanish, will be a monthly series that gives you the highlights of what's going on in my life each month.
What I'm reading...
- James Patterson's Private London...for fun
- Eric Jenson's Teaching with Poverty in Mind and Ruby Payne's A Framework for Understanding Poverty...for one of two post-Masters graduate classes I'm taking.
And my favorite blogs this month:
- Spiced Peach Blog. Peggy is a gifted food writer and story teller whose recipes and photography becomes like a visit with an old friend. A must-see.
- Till Then, Smile Often--Kerry is an inspiration. Her #BetheChange2014 campaign of random acts of kindness is proof that you can be the change you wish to see in the world.
- Northeast Bloggers' Network--Though this organization is little more than a year old, Rachel has created a network of bloggers from the Northeast United States that has become a supportive circle of friends. From featured blogs of the week to opportunities to blog hop and share social media outlets, there is something for everyone. If you are a northeast blogger, consider joining us.
What I'm watching
- Dexter. I just discovered this series on Netflix and just made it through the first season. Yikes! It's a nail-biter for sure.
- Master Chef España. We have TVE here in the States, a channel from Spain and we are lucky to be able to see some great Spanish television, like Isabel and, for me, the foodie, Master Chef España. And the good thing is, I understand a lot more this season than last season. Winning!
What I'm eating
What I'm wearing
- Spring has finally sprung here in New England. Nothing says warm weather like a maxi dress. It hides a multitude of sins, is comfortable and easy to style up with cute accessories and sandals.
What I'm doing
- This spring, I'm investing in ME and have hired a personal trainer. He is pushing me to my physical limits. I love it. I haven't lost any weight, but I'm definitely getting stronger.
What I'm listening to
- Still loving Happy and now love the new John Legend song All of Me.
Making my heart smile
- Finalizing our trip to Spain for the summer and purchasing our flights.
- Planning a trip to Florida to see my niece and family.
- Our anniversary is this month...2 years married and 7 years together.
My goals for the month
- Strength train three times per week, not just two with my trainer.
- Eliminate my use of disposable water bottles and only use a refillable one.
- Increase my water intake to at least 80 ounces per day.
And there you have it...what is happening Ahora in my world.
Your turn...what is happening in your world these days?