What a lovely surprise to find that Samantha from Hockey Wife Hockey Life nominated me for a Liebster Award.
From what I understand, the Liebster award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Here's what I found out about the award:
So, thank you Samantha! I am thrilled to accept this lovely award and I am happy to pay it forward.
Here are the rules:
- Thank you nominator and link to the nominator's blog.
- Display the award on your page.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that the nominator asked.
- Choose 5-11 bloggers to nominate.
- Write 11 questions of your own for your nominees.
- Let your nominees know you nominated them, either by email or in the comments of their blog and let them know the rules.
Ok, here are my 11 facts:
1. I met my husband getting ice cream at a local ice cream farm. Then we went to play Scrabble at the local Barnes and Noble.
2. I have gone skydiving and shark cage diving, but no sharks showed up.
3. I once sang in an a cappella group. I was a 1st soprano.
4. I once played underwater monopoly as a fundraiser for a local YMCA.
5. My husband and I were engaged in Paris.
6. I took Latin dance for about 3 years and I can dance salsa, merengue, cha-cha, and bachata fairly well. Better after wine.
7. My favorite candy is a Cadbury Creme Egg. Thank God it comes out only once a year.
8. Sunlight makes me giddy.
9. I lived in South Florida for the three most active hurricane seasons on record.
10. My birthday is in June and I am a true Gemini.
11. My favorite shows growing up were The Brady Bunch, Little House on the Prairie and The Incredible Hulk. I know...weird.
And here are the answers to Samantha's questions:
1. What has been your favorite age thus far in life?
I love the age I am. I feel like I am finally comfortable with who I am and where I am in my life. Who knew my 40s would be so fabulous?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be?
Right now I would love to be someplace warm. And, because I don't want to waste my week in airports or on a flight, I will choose someplace fairly "local." Send me back to South Florida.
3. Everyone is supposed to have a 30-second elevator pitch. Whats yours?
I'm Kelly...teacher by day, writer and blogger by heart...traveling the world with my husband, one honeymoon at a time.
4. When was a difficult time in your life?
Living as an obese person for most of my life was difficult. Obesity is a disease that will haunt me for the rest of my life. Making healthy choices every day is what will save my life. It's a day-to-day process.
5. Of all the places you have lived, where is your favorite?
I loved the weather in South Florida, but Boston will always be my home.
6. What is your favorite cocktail?
If I'm not drinking a glass of wine, I am drinking sweet red vermouth on ice with lemon.
7. What would you do if you won the lottery?
If I won the lottery, my husband and I would buy income property, invest the rest, and slow travel the world.
8. Where is your favorite place in the world?
My heart is in so many places. It's in the neighborhoods of Boston, under the palm trees in Fort Lauderdale. It's in the markets of Paris and in the ports of Galicia. It's in the Chelsea Market and in Greenwich Village and it's on the main streets and back roads of New England. It's in the West End and in Harrod's Food Halls. It's in the food carts where I get nutella crepes and in the bars, where I get cafe con leches, cappuccinos and cafe au laits.
9. Name one piece of advice you would like to share with the world.
10. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
I'll get back to you on that one...
11. If you could go back in history, who is one person you would like to meet?
Too many people for too many reasons...Lucille Ball, Katherine Hepburn, Eleanor Roosevelt, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Anne Frank, Jesus's mother, Mary. Mary Magdalene, and many, many others.
Ok, here are my nominees:
- Rachel from Can't Google Everything
- Peggy from Spiced Peach Blog
- Kaley from Y Mucho Mas
- Vanessa from Athena, Banded Warrior
- Rebecca from Caravan Sonnet
- Kerry from Till Then, Smile Often
- Johara at Lovin' My Curves
- Michelle at The World According to Eggface
- Kala at Boxing the Stars
- Casey at We Took the Road Less Traveled
- Cat at Sunshine and Siestas
And my questions for you...
1. What is something you're most proud of accomplishing?
2. What are 5 things that make you happiest?
3. If you could have only one thing for dinner every night for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
4. What is the most profound book or movie you ever read or saw and why?
5. Your bag is packed and you have everything you need. You're at the airport. Where are you headed?
6. Who would play you in the movie of your life? Any particular reason? Who would play your significant other?
7. What is your greatest talent? How do you share it with others?
8. If you had the power, what is one world problem you would eradicate?
9. Who is your best friend and why?
10. What is one habit you wish you did more often?
11. What is one habit you would like to change?
Congratulations! And thanks again, Samantha! You made my day!