Here are the basics:
- Start with a base of either dried milk or protein powder. You pick. I use 2 cups.
- Add all natural nut butter. Peanut is my favorite, but almond and cashew butter also work.
- Consider a bit of sweetener...maybe honey, pure maple syrup, or a combination...about a half cup should do it...more or less. If you want to use less sweetener or if it's too crumbly, add more nut butter or...your choice.
- You can also throw anything else into the mix...raisins, minced nuts, mini chocolate chips...it's your call. Make it yours. Experiment with texture and taste.
- Mix well and then roll into small balls.
- Because they're fairly sticky, you'll want to coat them in something. I have used sesame seeds and I've used wheat germ. Make it pretty and add a few sprinkles into the mix before your roll them in the coating.
- Refrigerate and enjoy.