1. 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there.
Make the effort to spend at least 10 minutes when you wake up and 10 minutes before your eyes close for the night to breathe. Focus on the good and let yourself get lost in hope.
2. For this, I am grateful.
Regardless of the inconvenient or downright ridiculous curve balls life throws, everyone has something in their life that is good...something that someone else wants...perhaps someone's unanswered prayers. Be mindful of what you do have. Start and end your day in gratitude...how can you go wrong?
3. Make a good choice. Your options are limitless...
- eat a healthy meal
- go for a walk
- volunteer some time
- visit a friend
- call a friend
- say you're sorry
- go to bed a half hour earlier than you normally would
- wake up a half hour earlier than you normally would
- show your partner a little extra romance
- show yourself a little extra kindness
Don't let the craziness of the season or of others derail you and your sense of wellness and peace. The holidays can be a time of renewal and joy. Let it be so for you.