Some things are hard to say, and other things come out with ease.
We talk around some things and bite our tongue and decide the time is not quite right. But some things, regardless of how hard they may be to say, need to be said.
Here's a top 10 list of some things you can say this holiday season that may bring you peace in 2014.
1. I forgive you.
2. I'm sorry. How can I make this right?
3. I am beautiful just the way I am.
4. I am not hungry; I am bored...angry...sad...happy...anxious...
5. I need help and I don't know where to start OR How can I help?
6. I miss you.
7. I am not defined by a number on a scale or the size of my jeans. I choose health for me.
8. Let's just agree to disagree.
9. I am not defined by my past mistakes.
10. I love you.
What else would you add to this list?
Be gentle with yourself this holiday season and always. Treat yourself like someone you love. You're worth it.