Jumping on the writing bandwagon that is popular in November, I answered the challenge in 2012 by starting a journey, unsure of where it would take me.
What a ride!
- I have published 110 posts and have been blessed with 9019 page views.
- 44 amazing followers have joined me for the ride via Google Friend Connect and 40 followers have joined me through Bloglovin.
- I have connected A Lovely Life, Indeed (and the blog formerly known as Besote) to various social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
It's fun to see which posts pull the most traffic. Here are my top 5 most popular posts:
5. Jillian Michaels, Shame, and Getting Over It
4. Packing for Spain...How I Pack for a Month Abroad
3. Gift Guide: Travel Lover's Must Haves
2. Bored, Not Hungry: 30 Things to Do Instead of Snacking
1. Five Reasons I Can't Wait to be Back in Galicia
And, if you're interested, you can read my first post here.
It's been quite an inaugural year. This past year has afforded me the opportunity to meet bloggers from around my region, network with bloggers from around the world, attend a bloggers' conference in Boston, learn about marketing my blog and start the process of narrowing my niche.
And I still have so much to learn in year two and beyond.
- I want to redesign the blog, create a better header and create a button.
- I want to learn about monetizing, and create a media kit.
- I want to focus my niche a bot more and learn how to take better photos.
- I want to write content that engages readers and encourages feedback.
- I want to network more with other readers and learn from their experiences.
- I want to attend a national conference, like BlogHer.
- I want to grow my readership and encourage more interaction through blog hops and guest blogging.
To my beloved readers...thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, for joining me in this experience. I am so thrilled that you're here and sharing your thoughts and feedback. It helps me grow as a writer, as a reader and as a person.