But what happens when 5 w's and that h become negative and stand in the way of our success or undermine our confidence.
- Who do you think you are?
- What was I thinking?
- When will I learn?
- Where is mine?
- Why can't I figure this out?
- How could I let this happen again?
- Who are my mentors/heroes/role models? Learn from them. Pick a character trait to emulate and try it in your own life.
- What are my goals? Start with one short term and one long term goal.
- When will I give myself a reward for a job well done? Establish milestones in your action plan to achieve your goals.
- Where do you go that brings you joy? Peace? Go there in person as often as your world allows. When you can't be there physically, create a vision board or a pinterest board that can bring you respite in the craziness of your day.
- Why do you want x? Make a list of the benefits of your goal. Knowing why you want it may help clear the pathway to fulfilment.
- How will you get there? Create an action plan. Step-by-step, achievable goals, that when reached, bring satisfaction and create the feeling of progress.
Some days will be harder than others, but with goal setting, you reclaim your power and give yourself a purpose that benefits you. Others, perhaps, may see an indirect benefit, but focus on you, your needs, your joy.
Change that script in your head. No more negative talk. Start talking to yourself the way you would talk to someone you adore. You're worth it.