Many people have bucket lists, but how many of us have goals to accomplish with your partner...a bucket list for love, so to speak. Coming up with hopes and dreams for you as a couple is just as much fun as planning to run a sub 10 mile, for example.
What's on your list? What are some of the hopes and dreams you have for your life together?
My love and I have chatted about this one ourselves and here's what we came up with. This is in no particular order and it's in no way complete.
Together, we will
- experience sunrise and sunset on the same day, in the same place.
- walk the entire Camino de Santiago
- go back to Paris and find our love lock on the bridge
- drive cross country and really experience the US
- drive the Pan-American highway in our vintage Mercedes
- drive the Pacific Coast highway in a convertible
- dance salsa like it's our job
- grow our own food
- experience New Year's Eve in Madrid with our 12 grapes
- attend a Broadway show
- attend a World Cup match
- go on a long bike trip--maybe through Alaska
- buy a tablet
- maintain a healthy BMI (I am finally there; he's still working on it.)
- own an apartment in Paris
- own income property here in the States.
- experience Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls
- slow travel and become location independent
- renew our vows annually
- write a love letter to each other
- and on, and on, and on...
For us, the list is long. And, like our bucket list for love, those things are personalized to us and our interests. Nevertheless, the exercise is a valuable one for anyone. Look at where you've been, what you have now and where you want to go.
Together, the world is yours. All the better to go hand in hand.